BLOGGING 101: How To Get Your Blog Noticed
Tuesday April 22, 2014
It’s hard to get your blog out there especially if you’re still a newbie. I’m not that successful compared to other bloggers but I want to share my tips to get your blog noticed. I know all of you wants a bigger blog audience so here are my tips:
ABOUT ME SECTION- You must state your name here and write a summary about yourself and what you’re blog’s all about. This part of your blog is really important. Google picks up all the information here. If someone googles your name, most probably your blog will show up. You don’t want it to be that long so put a link where the readers will lead them to another page where they can a longer version of your about me page just like what I did in this blog.
TITLE- The title of your blog post is a summary of your whole entry. It will get tricky if you write a personal post and you want your title to be creative but if you’re writing about a review of movies or products, state what product it is and add the word review. Your entry will show up in google search if someone googles about that product and they will get to read your review. Just be specific if you’re gonna post a tutorial, a review, or anything specific.
TAGS- Maximize the use of this. Don’t be scared to write many tags. Write as many as you can that’s relevant to your post. If you’re writing a personal entry, tag the word personal and personal blog. Many tumblr users search this tag to find other personal blogs. If it’s a poem, tag poem or poetry or poets on tumblr, if it has quality photos, tag photography. The list goes on.
SOCIAL MEDIA- If you have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media apps, link your blog in there. This is a way of advertising your blog to your followers thus gaining traffic.
COMMENT- Comment on other bloggers’ posts. Interact with them. Remember blogging is a community. You’ll gain readers if you read their blog too. People will see your comment and maybe they’ll visit your blog as well.
BLOGLOVIN- this is a site where you can connect your personal blog, you can follow other blogs outside of tumblr, get updates if they have new posts so you can read them, comment on them and like them. Others might stumble your blog there and will follow you.
Sand between our toes, sun kissed skin, salt in the air, sand in my hair. It only means one thing. Summer is here!
I had so much fun, I mean, too much fun at the beach yesterday! My cousins and I decided to hit the beach not so far away from the city in celebration of Easter and the start of our summer adventures.
The food was amazing, my 4 year old cousin went on a horse ride all by himself, we swam under the prickling heat and I finally had the guts to wear the two piece I bought. Although my body begs not to wear one, I still pushed through not caring what other people think. It’s nice feeling so free and doing anything out of your comfort zone. It’s just emotional seeing the photos where I’m not facing the camera. The curve of my back is a little evident. Not sure if it’s really scoliosis or it’s just my bad posture but my back does hurts sometimes. I hope it’s not something serious.
Back to a lighter note, this is just the beginning of our summer escapades. You’ll be seeing a lot more soon. Thank God for cousins. My built in friends since forever. 👯 They’re the best!!
asked: Once you get this you must share five random facts about yourself. Then pass this on to your ten favorite followers.
1. I’m like a volcano. I’m a very nice person and some people see it as my weakness so they abuse it. When I’m already fed up, I burst like a volcano. So don’t even dare. :))
2. I love watching YouTube. My fave YouTubers are andrea russett, jennxpenn, lohanthony, jenna marbles, bethany mota, makeupbymandy24, michelle phan, zoella, miranda sings, superkian13, the list goes on.
3. My favorite YA author aside from John Green is Colleen Hoover. My fave book of hers is Hopeless. It made me cry so hard and the guy in the book is oh so dreamy. Dean Holder is my fictional boyfriend.
4. I visit Buzzfeed and Thought catalog everyday.
5. If you’re wondering what I’m like at home, think of andrea russett and jenna marbles rolled into one. Crazy, funny and annoying haha. But there are days where I just wanna be alone. It’s either I’m hyper or in my low key state.
There’s nothing much to blog about but here’s how my day off went in a nutshell:
- Took a morning walk in our neighborhood which is quite surprising for me. I don’t usually get out of the house to casually take a walk but it’s like springtime here and I love to see all the flowers blooming. Glad I took that walk that day.
- First day of my period usually doesn’t go well for me. Pain is everywhere. Some of you girls might relate to this. I usually become so moody, either overly happy or depressed for no reason at all or pissed off for every little thing. The internet keeps me distracted.
- I saw those shoes at the mall and they were on sale! I knew I had to get those. There’s some gold studs at the back too and the black is velvety. It matches my bag and my not so colorful outfit.
- Pink lemonade! I was so excited to try that drink and they tasted like guavas. -_- It was still very refreshing though. And that baked zitti is to die for!
WHEN LOVE LEAVES
Sunday April 13, 2014
One moment you were so in love with each other then time comes when cute messages slowly fades away, when you couldn’t feel it anymore, when you realized it’s not something that you wanted, when silence isn’t comfortable anymore, when there are more tears and doubts than smiles, when lies grow, or when you found out that you’re not the only one.
Just keep in mind that you’re not alone. Everyone goes through it. Maybe some good things really lasts but most of the time, it doesn’t. I know it’s harsh but that’s the truth.
Don’t ever question what you did wrong cos most of the time, it’s not your fault. It’s no one’s fault I guess. It’s just that they found someone new. Let them be happy than fight for someone who doesn’t really want to be with you and be miserable.
Know your worth. There are reasons why these things happen and they’re for the best. You may not see it now but one day you will. You’re gonna find someone new too who won’t ever leave you or exchange you for someone else.
Be the bigger person. Move on, let things be and be happy. Love sure didn’t stay but there are some great memories and there are some lessons that you’ve learned.
As the Sarah Kay poem goes,
"Love arrives exactly when love is supposed to,
And love leaves exactly when love must.
When love arrives, say, “Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.”
If love leaves, ask her to leave the door open behind her.
Turn off the music, listen to the quiet, whisper,
“Thank you for stopping by.”
If you’re going through something like this, you might want to listen to this. CLICK READ MORE.